EAT: chicken fried rice
Take Away Anyone?
One simple way to eat OUT is buy a take away and go to eat somewhere in the outdoors. It certainly makes a break from the cooking and the important part is benefiting from being in the outdoors while you eat.
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
Alternatively, if you fancy cooking in the outdoors, here’s a Chinese fried rice recipe to try. There’s no need to go to the Chinese take away – just make your own with a few ingredients including microwavable rice! These are a great invention for cooking in the outdoors! You don’t, of course, take along your microwave!!
- Spring Onion, chopped
- Green pepper, chopped
- Chicken or meat alternative, sliced
- Microwavable rice sachets
- Tin of peas
- Soy sauce
- Free range eggs x 4
- Milk, generous splash
What to do:
1. Fry the onion, pepper and meat in oil until brown and softened.
2. Add the rice sachets and warm the rice.
3. Splash a generous portion of soy sauce over the mixture.
4. Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with milk.
5. Add the eggy mixture and stir until it starts to form a scrambled egg consistency.
6. Finally add the peas to the mixture and warm.