EAT Outdoors: Spaghetti Carbonara
An Italian One Pot
This week’s one pot has an Italian theme and is a firm family favourite in our house / motorhome and the outdoors. What makes this so easy is that it uses cooked meat which reduces the cooking time greatly. For any veggies out there (like us) we substitute ham with vegetarian alternative. So take along your gas stove and the following few ingredients and try a tasty meal outdoors.
Ingredients (for 4)
- Spaghetti (or pasta alternative)
- Onions, chopped
- Red and Yellow pepper, chopped
- Ham (Quorn alternative), chopped
- 300ml Crème fraiche
- Grated cheese, e.g. cheddar
What to do
1. First of all boil the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water. Once it has cooked remove from the pan and tip it into a bowl.
2. Heat some oil in the pan and add the onions. Cook until softened.
3. Add the peppers and also cook until softened.
4. Add the ham, spaghetti and crème fraiche.
5. Warm the mixture before adding the grated cheese and allow it to melt.
Feel free to add own seasoning.